Thursday, August 19, 2010

Some changes to the yard...

This is the side walkway to our back yard from the front. Years ago, my old neighbor put up the ugliest chain link fence ever between our front and his, but only along the side. We came home one day and there it was...I hate chain link fences, the are so ugly, so I went out and bought several jasmines to cover my side of the fence. The jasmine are pretty about 2 months out of the year when they are in bloom, but the rest of the time they are a pain. They grow so fast and we constantly have to trim them...and the sap inside is like Elmer's glue...it is so sticky! Yuck! Well, this weekend, Don and I were trimming them...he was trimming, I was cleaning up...and we thought to ourselves...why not get rid of this unsightly area and put in a new block wall or something like that. We have new neighbors now and they won't care, in fact, they cemented in their whole side to make a bigger driveway....so...today out will come the hedge and all the trimming and work for us...and in will come a nice new wall, complete with a new custom made gate! Oh this is going to be fun! I will take pictures and show you the progress as it moves along. My neighbor across the street is a contractor and I use him for everything we can't or don't want to do. He is doing the work for us. He has a friend who is the metal works business, so it is a win for us!! I can hardly wait to see my new wall!
Now for something I completed...a new bag for my Etsy shop! When I saw this fabric a while back, I just knew it would make a fun bag. Those big polka dots are just too cute! The damask print is one of my favorites too and the color is just so much fun! It's really more of a pumpkin color. The pumpkin and cream are really fun but not in a loud way.


I don't think this picture came out that great but here it is anyway. I love a ruffle too, so I put one on there for a more feminine look. There's patch pockets on the front and back and I put ruffles on the pockets too.

Here's the inside...I just realized that's not the greatest picture either, but it shows the inside. There are pockets all around the inside. I do love a lot of pockets. I put in a magnetic closure too. I like the way this bag came out. I have already cut out and started quilting another one. It is too hot to play outside, so I am sewing!
Hope your day is wonderful and filled with happiness!!




12 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I like the change you did on your yard. And the morning glories are looking verry pretty. I have never seen this this bi color before. Thanks for stopping by. Have a good time in the garden.....Julian

Kris said...

I want that bag!

Michelle said...

Love the orange color on the bag. Very nice!

Chookyblue...... said...

the bag looks great...........

Beverly said...

I think the walk looks great the way it is. Wish my flowers looked so good. I'm sure if it will save on upkeep, a wall will be better. Yes, show us pictures of your progress.
Love the bag. Great color for fall. Your detail and all the pockets makes if really special. Thanks for sharing.

A Hint of Home said...

Sounds like you're going to be very busy with your outdoor project. I'm sure you will love it when it's done.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment!
Jasmine: we are moving to North Carolina where it will grow outside and I had considered it...but it's almost invasive? Grows too fast? Hmm, I will have to reconsider!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute bag. I love that color.
Can't wait to see your new wall.

T said...

I love the bag! That is great color.

I'm all about low maintenance too. I'm sure the wall will look great.

Eden said...

Love that bag. You are very creative.

Cyndi said...

I like the new design plan for your yard. I can't wait to see the pics!

That is a great bag, Linda! The colors are fabulous and I love the ruffle. I haven't done a ruffle on a bag in a long time...might just need to do that! :o) Thanks for the inspiration!!

XOXO,

Cyndi

kayellen said...

love the bag:)

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

Kay Ellen