Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gee, I feel accomplished today...

Wow, I feel pretty good about the things I've been getting done lately! Here are two bags I completed today. This first one is going to my Etsy shop. I loved this fabric when I saw it and thought it would be perfect for a bag. Of course I think most fabrics have bag potential!
I really like this button too. It makes a nice contrast on the grey and white fabric.


I drew these dragon flies to match the ones in the fabric and made them out of wool. I like the way this patch pocket came out.

Here's a close up of the fabric. It's soft colors but fun at the same time!




Here's the inside. I decided to put pockets on just one side of the bag. There's plenty of pockets there and a key hook too.




Here's the other bag I finished. It is for a special someone, my younger son's girlfriend, Anna. I will hand deliver this one tomorrow. She picked out the main fabric when we met in Temecula at Quilter's Coop and I ordered some of the other fabrics to match because they didn't carry much of this line. It's called Charisma by Andover Fabrics. Actually, the blue isn't part of the line. It comes with a green, but Anna is vibrant and needs a bright color to match her personality!








Here's a close up of the button closure. This is a purse size and I found these smaller buttons and I used two because I liked the way it looks. I had some blue left over from the lining and thought a ruffle would make a nice touch. What do you think?



Here's the inside. She wants lots of deep pockets and I think there are plenty in here.
It's 96 degrees out right now...too hot to do to much, but nice and cool in the house. There is more fabric calling my name, so I better get busy because I'm off to San Diego tomorrow for a much needed visit...aren't they all...with my sons.
I hope your day is going well!







6 comments:

Janet said...

And you should! Your purses are all so cute! (Makes me think I should make one again.) I'm sure your son's gf will adore hers!

Michelle said...

You are quite talented. Very nice purses.

Yvette said...

WOW! Those are great. I bought a few patterns but they are greek to me.

deb said...

they turned out so cute and Anna will LOVE her bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simple Home said...

These are so pretty. I loved the blue one too, a few posts back. It looks like you live "down the hill" from me. We're up in the high desert. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments.
Blessings,
Marcia

Cyndi said...

Linda, both of those bags are wonderful! (I have some buttons like the one on the first bag - love them!) I REALLY love the bag for Anna. I love the colors, the fabrics, and the cute little buttons. And I think the ruffle looks great!

XOXO,

Cyndi