Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday...Las Vegas style...

Don and I just got back from Las Vegas and in an effort to keep true to the Outdoor Wednesday theme, I only posted pictures that were taken outside...well...most of them are outside, but you will see why the other ones are OK. Here we are arriving in Vegas. These are new buildings on the strip. They are always building something there. It is part of the new hotel, called Aria, and some of a convention center they are finishing up.
It was a long drive, so we took off for a walk. Here we are in front Caesar's Palace. That hotel will always be one of my favorites. Somehow my pictures got a bit out of order, but bear with me...


I always love to see the water show at Bellagio. It is so pretty day or night. We were lucky enough to stay at The Paris which is right across the street from the Bellagio and I got to see the water show alot. We could even see part of it from our pool.


Here we are, at the pool. We lounged there alot. It was so nice. We put our chairs just right so we could see the top of the water show and all of the scenery around us.




When we weren't out by the pool or eating, and boy, did we eat alot...we were out walking around. Here is the entrance to the Mirage. We went in search of the new white tiger cubs and some pastrami at the Carnagie Deli.


This really isn't outdoors, but it felt like it and it was so pretty, I thought you'd want a peek. This is inside the Bellagio. They change this area around according to the seasons and we were lucky enough to see that they still had Spring up.





This little snail's shell was made of rose buds and some kind of seed pod. It was so pretty. All of the area around is alive. Even the trees inside are real!








Here are some pretty sunflowers. There were so many of these made into a big field.






We decided to walk over to the new hotel, Aria and this is by the front entrance. There is a whole wall of water that moves in big waves down the side of the building with so many flowers and bushes in front of it. I just had to get Don to poise in front of it for me!








This is what Las Vegas looks like with no buildings on it. I think the desert is so beautiful this time of year. There are still a few wildflowers left and it is actually quite green. The mountains seem to go on forever and we even saw snow on some of the mountain tops , although Don thought that may have been in Utah.









We are almost home now. That is the back side view from my house. It is the back of Big Bear. I have the front view from my yard. We had a great time, ate too much, walked quite a few miles, but I' m glad to be home!










6 comments:

deb said...

GREAT pictures....Joe and I are going to go in July for a couple days, this time to have a good time...not because we HAVE too! now you make me want to stay where you stayed!!!!!!! I also love the Bellagio and the way they do that area for the seasons..but you are right, Caesers is the BEST!!!!

Judy S. said...

Nice photos! I have fond memories of Big Bear from a Girl Scout encampment many years ago when I was 17, my first California adventure.

Annelies said...

We will be visiting Las Vegas in a few weeks.....you gave me some fun places to check out. Thanks for visiting my blog. SEW nice to meet new friends. XXX

936000 said...

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Love the photos, but I'm showing my age when i say what sounded the best was food and the pool!
LOLOL!!!
Have a great rest of the week!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Linda, I love your blog! Your garden and your bags are beautiful, and you present them in such lovely photography.
Thanks for stopping by Blackberry Creek and leaving a comment. I hope you visit again soon. I'm going to put a link to your blog on mine so I can come back often.

Tarnyia said...

WOW that snail is fantastic... looks like you had a great time xxx