Sunday, March 18, 2012

What a difference a day makes...

 We've had a Winter storm come through here the last couple of days...yesterday it poured like crazy...it was cold too! I know...I know...you say what does she know about cold...she lives in Southern California....
 But I think this might be considered cold...
 I went to go out to the grocery store....and this is what I saw...
 Lots of white stuff everywhere!! In fact as I was driving...it was snowing...on my car...with me driving it!! Crazy...I know!!
 It is pretty thick too...maybe it will stay a while...this is not my yard...it's by the grocery store...we only got hail here...I'm about 300 feet too short...low...whatever you might call it to get this beautiful white stuff...but its close...just a couple minutes away...
 I drove a little bit out of my way to see it better...maybe a minute or two...
 Where I could get a better picture...pretty...
Here's closer to the horse barn...see the roof...all covered in snow too! I love it!! The sun broke out for a few minutes on my way home...now it's back to rain again...it's about 45 in my yard...so no snow here...I guess in some ways that's good...all my Spring flowers are blooming and veggies too...I don't think they would like the snow...I don't think they like the hail they got either come to think of it...I hope they survive OK...I heard it was in the high 70's in the midwest...this is a switch!!We need the moisture...so I'm all for a winter storm or two!! It won't last too long though...a day or two and then it will be back to shorts I'm sure...
Until next time...enjoy the day!!!

12 comments:

Hilachas said...

OMG! Did you say you live in Southern California? I didn't know you ever had weather like that. I live in West Texas and we're having terrible sand storms right now. The visibility is really bad and we, like you, thought yesterday that spring was definitely here. Keep warm.

Holly said...

Crazy, isn't it? Your storm hit here in Phoenix today and right now we have rain, slush and hail falling. We have a white blanket of slushy stuff in our back yard. Your pictures are gorgeous!!

Lavender and Linen said...

The weather has been strange this year almost everywhere. We are having 75 degree temperatures here in Kentucky. Three weeks ago we had 5 inches of snow.

Judy S. said...

What a crazy March this has been! And in Chicago and the rest of the Midwest, they've had summery temperatures. Go figure. I wonder whether this stuff will move east?

mountain mama said...

wow!!!!

Michelle said...

The weather is just so crazy! Can't believe you had snow!

Anonymous said...

we dont get snow here,so it is so pretty.xx

LindyLouMac said...

Oh my goodness I see what you mean :)

Kris said...

Beautiful pictures Linda!!! I loved this storm!!!!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Yes, you are right, what a difference a day can make. Pretty amazing, thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I heard about your unusual weather on the news last night, Linda! Meanwhile, we had a record breaking warm winter. Something strange is going on! Hope it warms up again for you soon and that the frost didn';t damage your plants or trees.

TheCrankyCrow said...

You (and your dear sister) are an absolute hoot.... That white stuff is NOT pretty!! No way - no how!! Glad you had some fun with it though! But like I told your sister - California snow looks funny. Smiles & Spring Hugs ~ Robin