Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Oh the joy of Springtime...

 Today we are back to Spring weather and it couldn't have been a more beautiful morning to spend in my yard doing what I love...gardening!! The yard was buzzing with friends...my next door neighbor and I had a nice chat to catch up on the week's happenings...kids were out riding bikes...all on this perfect Spring day!
 After I mowed the front lawn...I got down to the part that's my favorite...dead heading my flowers and trimming what needs to be trimmed and checking to see what new growth is popping up...
 Even my shy little friend came out to take a peek...
 Spring decor came out on the front porch too...I always hang a banner of some sort here...to welcome everyone to my front door...
 The bees were quite active this morning...it was pretty noisy dead heading the lavender...
 The Iceland poppies are all showing their faces finally...I planted these from seed back in the Fall...
 These bright flowers always brighten up the yard and I am fascinated by their paper like blooms...I planted some pink ones too...but I haven't seen a bloom on those yet...just the yellow and orange...
 The Japanese Maple on the side is getting its Spring leaves...I love them at this time of year...they are such a bright red...and there are tiny little flowers on them...
 The bees are busy over there too...
The flowers in the basket on the front of the house are blooming now too...soon they will drip down and cover the metal basket up...that's always a pretty sight...
I spent the whole morning out here in my front yard...I didn't really want to come in...but there are other things to be done...so in I went...but I left the front door open...there's a nice breeze and the birds are singing...
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

8 comments:

Lavender and Linen said...

Very pretty!

Judy S. said...

Your spring is way ahead of ours, that's for sure. It was 37 when I got up this morning!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Sounds like my day. I mowed the front lawn too and did lots of pruning and trimming of a tree. I am pooped but boy how I love it.

Linda said...

you are so springlike! All that growth would be equivalent to June for us.

Traci said...

Everything looks so pretty! I spent the day Saturday in the yard planting, trimming, etc. I have to say here in Louisiana there was nothing spring about it! It felt like a summer day in June!!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Your garden is looking georgous! So pretty, This is the most wonderful time of the year everything seems to be bursting and ready to bloom. Lovely.

LindyLouMac said...

Gorgeous, I love the flower close ups especially.

TheCrankyCrow said...

You've captured a perfect, perfect, day. I never grow tired of looking at your amazing landscape and blooms. Don't know how you keep up with all that and your crafting - and life. (And, really - you LIKE deadheading??? Ugh....) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin