Wednesday, March 7, 2012

These were fun...

 A couple weeks ago, I was asked by one of my clients to make baby doll carriers for her grand daughters who are 2 and 3 years old. She wanted them for some Madame Alexander dolls...Baby Huggums. I have boys, so I had never heard of these dolls...I went on-line and found a site and they are pretty cute dolls...12 inches tall...so I tried to figure out a pattern in my head that would work to carry the dolls around and also not be too big and bulky for the girls to carry...these are what I came up with...
 I'm pretty happy with the way they turned out...I hope she will be too!
 I made a little flannel blanket to match...dolls probably get cold too...
 I loved both of these fabrics...I think little girls will like them too...and I found lots of matching fabrics to go with them...
 I also made little ruffled pillows to go in each one...I thought the dolls would appreciate a soft place to rest their head...
These were really fun to make...I think I may make some and add them to my Etsy site after I finish all the orders I have...I really like making little girl's things...after having boys...its a nice change!!
Until next time...enjoy the day!!!

19 comments:

CalamityJr said...

Oooh, I don't know who's luckier - the little girls or their dolls! You did a terrific job of finishing, and choosing the fabrics.

Holly said...

Those are adorable! I hope they become big sellers for you. Great job.

Kris said...

Linda, those are adorable!!! What are you charging for them?

Anonymous said...

oh Linda they are so cute,well done.xx

Siobhán said...

Linda. Oh. My. Gosh. They are ADORABLE!! What lucky little girls!

PamT said...

Those are ABSOLUTELY adorable!! I only have boys also, so I can understand how fun that must be for you. I'm trying to think of a little girl I could order one for, but all my nieces are grown too! *sigh* so for now I will just admire your beautiful work.

LindyLouMac said...

Oh my daughters would have loved these when they were little!

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Oh Linda, those are the cutest things I have seen. You captured what every little girl will love.
I raised boys too, and girly things are my favorite to make now too. Luckily I have 7 granddaughters to sew for.
You chose the perfect fabrics. I love your design and the pillow and blankie make them so special.
You rock!!
You must put some on etsy. They will be a hit.
Also loved seeing Don's party.
Glad you suprised him after all the work to keep it a secret. You and your boys really did a good job.

Angela said...

They are fantastic! I'm positive you will sell a bunch on Etsy!
Angela

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

They are adorable, Linda! I love the fabric you used. I have two grandboys ...hope one day I'll ahve a grand girl added to the bunch.

Sunny Simple Life said...

You can make anything. You are so talented and those are too darn cute. I love the fabrics you chose too.

Terry said...

Those are so cute! I'll have to watch for them in your Etsy shop! :0)

deb said...

cutest things i have ever seen!!!!!! HINT HINT!!!!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are incredibly talented! LOVE the dolly beds. Soooo cute!!! And great choice of such happy fabrics.

xx

Ranae said...

The dolly carries are awesome

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wonderfully precious Linda....What lucky little girls (and dollies!) You're making me almost want one....But I'd look really silly. Best stick to my antique cradles - at least I can get away with those without too many raised eyebrows... ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great post. Love all the flowers and the little doll bags. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog and leaving a message.

Judy S. said...

So cute, Linda! I'm thinking Sophia might need one of these..... Happy B'day to Don and get well wishes for Joseph; those two sure look alike! Good job pulling off the party. Surprises are fun, aren't they?

Annette said...

Your baby doll carriers are so sweet! What a cute project for some little girls. Very nicely done.