Friday, March 9, 2012

I hope you enjoy these!

 I have 2 Camilla bushes in my front yard in the deep shade...they grow very slowly...this bush has not gotten very many flowers on it in years past...this year I have had 4 or 5...
 I can see why! These flowers are triple the size of those on the other bush...it must take a lot of effort to get flowers this big!
 When they bloom...they just sort of hang down though...so I cut them off and floated a couple...like my Grandmas used to do!
 I put them next to my kitchen sink...where I can see them all the time...it seems like I'm there half the day!
I hope you enjoy these late winter blooms...if you could only smell them...wonderful!!!
Until next time...enjoy the day!!!

9 comments:

mountain mama said...

just lovely!

Traci said...

So pretty! I love when my Camelia's bloom but they don't last long enough!

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

They are beautiful, Linda. Such a pretty color. Growing up in Long Beach, my Mom had Camillias all along one fence. She would cut and float them too. My friend has several in her front yard that are just weighed down with blooms. I should "borrow" some to enjoy.
Thanks for sharing yours.

Anonymous said...

beautiful.xx

Isobel -Argante- said...

Hi Linda, thanks so much for your nice comment :-) These flowers are wonderful :-)
Have a lovely week end

Isobel
The Primitive Hare

Anonymous said...

It’s true that formica countertops are cheaper than the others. Their price actually depends on the edge style, pattern, backsplash and installation cost. The latest innovation on this material is replicating the look of many natural stones such as granite and marble.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh yes, they ARE lovely! We have a few Camillia bushes that have had the best blooms this year.

Have a happy weekend!

xx

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What beautiful camellias...I love the color. I always enjoy them because they bloom before anything else. Right now I have three white ones on my kitchen counter. Have a wonderful day.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Absolutely gorgeous....We can't grow those here - so they are a rare sight for these eyes. Precious! (Can you believe I've never smelled one...ever??) :o( Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin