Monday, March 26, 2012

Sewing...sewing...

 I've been doing quite a bit of sewing around here lately...there's been quite a few custom bag orders and I have been waiting to show these until everything was delivered...I still have a couple more diaper bags to finish...but here's some that I have finished...I made this for a client who has a niece having twins..a boy and a girl...I found this P. Kaufman canvas and she loved it...if it looks a bit familiar...its because I used this fabric before in pink and brown.
 Here's a close up of the pocket...such pretty fabric!
 Here's another diaper bag. This one was for a client who's friend is having a boy and she didn't want her bag to look like a diaper bag...I loved this graphic canvas and she loved it too...it turns out that the friend's favorite color combination is green and brown...
 The colors in the polka dot I used on the pockets and the lining couldn't have been a better match...boy did I get lucky there!!
 This bag is similar to a bag I made a while back...only that one was in red. I bought this black at the same time and thought it would be nice to make them somewhat alike...
 Daisies are just so happy...I couldn't resist doing them again here!
 I finished this one the other day...yes...more daisies!
 Here's the back...a daisy on the back pocket too!
I made another doll carrier for a client...these are just so much fun to make! I still haven't made any to put in my Etsy shop, but I will try to soon! 
In other news...I just found out that I was accepted into the Villa Park Garden and Craft Show on April 29. I I need to work to get my inventory up...it is seriously down since I have been making so many custom orders.  This should be a fun show...they have a home garden tour of some of the lovely homes in the area, as well as a craft show and dining experience back at the Woman's Club...they have been holding this for quite a number of years and I find myself in very good company of crafters who were invited to participate in the event. If you live anywhere close to this event...you should come...I would love to go on the garden tour...but I'm not sure if that will be possible since I will have to be in my booth all day. Don and I have been working hard at designing our booth to look more like a boutique...that's the hard part for me...how can I make an Easy Up and some tables look like a cottage boutique! 
Until next time...enjoy the day!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

whow Linda such beautiful bags ,well done.xx

Judy S. said...

These are so cute, Linda! (And I know they even look nicer in person 'cause you made one for my DD!) Congrats on being selected for the Craft Fair...wish I were close enough to go!

Kimberly said...

Very beautiful! I love the details... the ruffle, the ric rac, the little ladybug... they're all wonderful!

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Now I know I need to get in gear and start sewing again. :)

Have a great week!

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Traci said...

They're all cute but I love the diaper bag that doesn't look like a diaper bag. The fabric is great! Congrats on the craft fair!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

With luck and blessings I will be ordering a diaper bag for my daughter one day in the future, Linda! They are all beautiful --you do beautiful work!

Good luck in the craft show --it sounds like a wonderful event!

Michelle said...

Beautiful bags. The toile is my favorite.

Angela said...

Your bags are terrific! I love that toile! Best of luck with your craft show!
Angela

Hilachas said...

Wow! I am so impressed with your gorgeous bags. You are SO talented.

mountain mama said...

the details are just lovely! are you going to do another craft show?

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

It has been so long since I have been here. I have missed you. You have become more and more creative with your bag. Love the ruffle on the black toile one. Well, love them all. The daisies and ladybug one is so cute.
Your show sounds wonderful and fun. We haven't heard from the company we worked for last year, but if for some reason we get a call to work, I would love to come.
I'm sure you'll make your booth look inviting. Happy Easter, Linda to you and your family.

yodafatkitty said...

Man, I wish I had a 1/10th of your talent.
I really wanna get a sewing machine, but I don't know what I'd do with it!

Sammy said...

these bags are beautiful, very well crafted, and the fabric is carefully chosen. Well done. :)
I have to follow your blog, because I don't want to miss out in any thing :)