Friday, December 17, 2010

When did this happen...

Last week was warm and in the high 70's to low 80's and then all of a sudden...as is typical in my neck of the woods...Mother Nature changed her mind and all the leaves fell off the trees and it's cold and rainy...I got these pictures on Tuesday when I went out to garden a bit....
but I ended up raking alot!! It just so happened that the guy who maintains the fertilizer on my lawn wanted to put down some granules before the rain came...so I had to get raking because the leaves were so thick that the granules would just sit on top of the leaves...oh well...it was a good work out!


Yes...these guys are who's mostly responsible...they all decided to shed their leaves in a day!



And there are six of these beauties in the back yard...plus the apple tree which is twice as big as they are! But the apple tree is trying to hold on to some of her leaves...she sheds a bit at a time! And she has lots!!

While outside, I discovered that the tangerines are ripe! Yum! There are lots too!!






And strawberries hiding under the leaves too...they are small so I'll leave them for the birds. It's not really strawberry season...this weird weather has everyone confused!




This pretty was buried by leaves too. Pansies love the cold rainy weather...but remember...cold to me is in the 50's...they like that kind of winter...






Primrose too...they enjoy the cold but I don't usually see them until late winter...







Stock flowers too...they love the winter and early spring too...if they're in the right place I see them until summer's end...I have so many of these in many colors.
Today I'm inside because it is rainy and cold...it's supposed to stay that way for the next week. I never complain about the rain...I love it...and we need it so I can keep showing you all the beauty hiding under the leaves!!
Have a great day, my friends...stop and take a peek at the beauty in your own back yard!!








4 comments:

Michelle said...

Nice to see some flowers. We have had bitterly cold weather all week, and virtually no sun at all. Gray skies....yuck!

Simple Home said...

The leaves did the same thing here last week. We still have a few flowers too, but the weather has changed this week. We've had rain on and off for the last few days. My younger kids are really wishing for snow. We get enough cold weather up here that citrus doesn't grow well here. I'd love to have tangerines. My strawberries are long gone :-)
Blessings,
Marcia

mountain mama said...

wow...a late fall? and tangerines in your back yard?! yum!!!

merry Christmas!

Judy S. said...

That sunshine looks awfully nice! It's pretty soggy in this part of the world. Hope you have a Merry Christmas, Linda