Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Some gardening before the rain comes...

 Today it was a lot colder...rain is supposed to arrive tonight...Yippee!! It has been a while...and we need it so badly...after class this morning...I gardened...I had to...I mean...that's what I do...
 Some people rearrange their furniture...I rearrange my yard...this time of year there are plants popping up all over the place...I don't always remember where I plant the bulbs...
 Heck...I don't always remember where I parked my Car! So I move things around...clean up and trim...just about everyday...if I can...oh and I can!
 Lots happening the in yard right now...this is where I gardened today...the back flower bed...
 These guys are popping up everywhere...I added a huge bagful in October...narcissus...yes...daffodils are narcissus...there are lots of different ones...
 Lots of freesia in bloom too...I need to plant more of these bulbs this Fall...they smell heavenly!
 Of course I love Stock Flowers...actually...I don't think I've met  a flower I don't like!
 The Primrose is doing well...
 And just look at these...I knew you were going to ask...I can't remember...I bought the plant last Summer at Armstrong Nursery...it a succulent..it died back over the Winter and all of a sudden..its back with a pretty bloom...tons of buds on it too!
 My Birch trees are greening up very early...
 I "rescued" a bunch of plants from Lowes for 50 cents each...here's one...Iceland Poppy...love them too! A couple days at my house and it's happy as can be!
 I have lots of company when I garden too...
 This one looks a little mad at me...hey...I can't help it if your friends ate all the food...OK...I'll fill it up again...
 I met this gal up at my brother-in-law's house...she was just wandering around the yard...
 It's hard to tell from my pictures...but she was a BIG girl...about 8-12 inches tall...
Isn't she a cutie! We gave her a bit of seed..she hung around all afternoon...not afraid at all...she's a Northern Bobwhite...a member of the quail family....and quite content to hang out with us all day.

Rain is supposed to be heading our way tonight...I hope so! We might even get a few days of rain...that would be wonderful...cooler too...it's been in the 70's...now back to the low 60's...that's chilly for us! But I love that kind of weather!!

Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have such colorful and pretty blooms. Thanks for sharing the photos and I love the Bob White. How interesting! Hope you get the rain.

Kris said...

Everything is beautiful! I have been getting dirty in the yard too!
XO Kris

Terry said...

Your flowers are all so pretty! We still have snow here. It will be a while before anything blooms.

Judy S. said...

Hope you get that rain! Love all those flower photos, so many cheerful colors. We finally had a bit of sun today, so the roses got pruned. You wouldn't believe all the moss out in our yard!

Christine said...

Glorious color abounds! It's easy to see your love in gardening and flowers from these wonderful pictures!
And the birds are fantastic up close!
Blessings
Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda you have such a beautiful garden,lovely pics.xx

deb said...

I have those finches in my yard too, they look more orange than red tho, are they still red finches?

Traci said...

THe flowers are so pretty! I'm ready for good weather so I can work in the yard & get my patio looking pretty again.