Thursday, February 6, 2014

A few more finishes...

It's starting to feel more like Winter around here...still not much moisture...but very chilly...I consider 55 downright cold...but I know many of you think that's not bad....anyway...I've been sewing a lot...I made this little picture with my sisters and a friend...we all made one at our sewing day. This was simple but cute. They all look the same but different. I framed mine. I add a few Valentine things around...mostly outside on the front porch...but over the last few years I have added more. I am working on a couple more mats now to add to my Valentine collection... 
 I finished this cross body bag. ..I laid it out on my bed to try and get the whole bag in so you could see it...I really like making these. Of course I fell in love with this fabric.....although I decided to add it to my Etsy shop...my shop needs more inventory and I have quite enough bags for me! Maybe I'll make another one for myself...it sure shouts Spring!
I had a little fabric left over, so I made a make up bag. I wanted to do something with the front...so added the strip down the front. I was lucky enough to have the exact color rick rack and zipper...see...it is a good thing to have a giant stash!!I added mis-matched buttons...I like that look better...I gave the bag a 2 inch bottom so it can fit more in it...this went in my Etsy shop too.

So that's my finishes the last day...I had school, ran errands and cleaned all day yesterday...laundry too! This morning I had school...and we had to take my car in for service...fun times...I am back at the cutting table. I hope to finish a couple more things today. Gosh I lead an exciting life!!

Until next time...enjoy the day!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You certainly are an inspiration. I love the framed heart. Is that poppies on the bag? Amazing that you had rick rack to match! Lovely,

TheCrankyCrow said...

Everything is so cheery and bright!! I love it....but, I adore most things red.... That little framed heart is sweet....can't help but smile when you look at it! Ummmm....55?? That's flip flop weather in Nod! ;o) Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Christine said...

Your framed heart and key is just perfect for Valentines!
That was a fun idea for you all to make one.
And your latest bag is stunning! Love the red.
Have a nice weekend!

Kris said...

Love the heart! And LOVE the bag! Isn't the weather wonderful right now??? I am so enjoying it!
xo Kris

Judy S. said...

Love the heart and key picture, Linda. That bag fabric is great also. Sure hope lots of rain comes your way!

deb said...

LOVE the orange bag!!!! your heart turned out darling, they were fun to make!