Thursday, February 13, 2014

Been keeping busy...

 Happy St. Valentine's Day! I have found my self making all sorts of red and white pretties this year...
 I had a bunch of scraps left and decided to make some log cabin blocks...
 Of course I couldn't stop with just the blocks...I added a small piece of fabric to the end of the block...then added a wool cupid! I love wool...but you know that already! For extra fun...I added a few wool hearts too...
 The blocks were made ever so easy with this handy tool I got at the quilt show...what a great investment! My blocks are not so wonky now...and I was pleased with my results! For me...anything that makes my blocks line up is a wonderful!
 Now I know so many of you are snowed in...having a very long winter...and I feel badly about that...we have had the opposite...perhaps the warmest Winter on record...yesterday it was 84...you heard me! Today it is supposed to be 86 here...the nights are cold though...mornings too...well...if you consider 40's cold...brrr...I do! Anyway...I have been outside a lot too...things are blooming very early here...look at daffodils already! These ones are miniature daffodils...oh so tiny! The rest of the daffodils are coming up in various stages...depending on how much sun they get... 
 All my Primrose are in full bloom too! They usually are just popping back up at this time of year...but they are all back up and very cheerful...
 I love all the different colors of Primrose...
 This picture didn't come out good...color wise...these are sort of a butter yellow...
 The freesias are up and some are ready to bloom too! I love their scent!! So sweet!
First Sunday in March it's back to the Pasadena City College flea market for us...I have been filling boxes with succulents that Don made out of reclaimed cedar...this is the side view...sorry...I have lots of baby succulents that I have been rooting...and many are starting to bloom too...I hope there's lots of blooms in a couple weeks for the show. These are our best seller at flea markets...everyone loves succulents...and Don makes a great box...in so many colors!

School is coming along...my keyboarding is getting faster...and I got certified in Publisher and now to photo shop...many of you are great in photo shop...I never got into that...but I need to be good at that before I start the web design class next semester. I have a lot to learn...but then I believe that we can all learn something! I sure can...there's not enough time for all I want to learn to do!

Until next time...enjoy your day...and have a wonderful Valentine's Day tomorrow!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How bright and cheerful your blocks are.
I love seeing your pretty flowers. We lived in one location where the tiny jonquils bloomed...I always enjoyed bringing a few indoors to put in a tiny little vase.
I also love succulents. Yours are looking extra special.
Happy Valentine's Day.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Great fabrics. Looks like a neat ruler.

Christine said...

I love the log cabin design and the fabrics you used are so pretty and happy looking! and of course the wool Cupid and hearts are just you!
Love it!

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the freesia reminder; I'd forgotten about them, and they are so pretty. Wish they grew here. Have a nice Valentine's Day! Great photos, BTW.

Angela said...

Love the log cabin blocks and your floral pics are always great!
Congrats on your certificate and good luck with photo shop...you will love it!
Angela
PS. I am so jealous of the temps in your area!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What wonderful news...a new grandchild, just about the best thing in the world!

Yes! I am looking forward to the rain, I just hope it isn't another false weather report, all of my new roses will be delighted.

I am already gearing up for water shortages this summer, taking out some plantings, but it is hard to do in an established garden.