Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A little of this and a little of that...

Dark clouds this morning...the news said 80% chance of rain...but today is mow day...yes, I have a schedule...I'm weird like that...can I mow and trim the front yard before the rain comes?? Better hurry!!
I made it...Just as I picked up the last bit of the leaves from the gutter....the sprinkles started...I love the rain, so I'm happy about that...we are usually so dry this time of year...it's the time of year you hear about fires in the mountains...a few years back 32 miles of fire in the mountains behind my house....so you know we want this rain!


And look...the mums that I potted last year are starting to bloom...yippee! In a few days there will be lots of little yellow blooms on that pot.

Since it was cold...well, I don't really need a reason to sew...but I thought I'd add a little more Halloween to the house...it is October after all...talk about waiting til the last minute. I made this candle mat today...it's a log cabin block with a little extension to put some wool cats and a pumpkin...I think it turned out pretty cute...I'm so new at quilting...I stick to small projects...I didn't even have to pull out my directions for the binding today...it worked the first time!!



Now I don't know how much I've mentioned my husband, Don, but he's the best...he cooks for me!! He made Chicken Picatta and his is wonderful!!I don't mind cooking...I grew up in a house with a chef...my Dad, so I know my way around the kitchen, but I LOVE the fact that Don likes to cook and makes me wonderful meals like this. There was delicious acorn squash too, but I didn't take a picture of that. Not too much else going on around here...back to the sewing machine...
Enjoy your day!!





12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed,husband's cookn' looks delish,and your lawn is beautiful,you do great work,and sew too!..your amazing.Thank you so much for visiting LazyonLoblolly.
-Jo

Angela said...

Would it be rude to invite myself for supper?? The chicken looks yummy. Oh, and your lawn and candle mat look great, too.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah love a schedule,and I keep our grass cut too.,I love it!
-JO

Melissa ;-) said...

Look how neat your yard and garden are. It is pretty obvious you give it regular care. Love little black cats!

Michelle said...

Supper does look yummy! I am jealous! lol Also glad to hear of your rain. We have been really dry here as well. A bit more unusual for us.

deb said...

the candle mat turned out darling and if I had known Don was making my fav chicken picatta I would have found a reason to join you!!!!!!

Loris said...

Yes, we are all loving this early rain. I can't remember a year when we were so blessed! I do remember your fire, however. That was traumatic!
Your candle mat is adorable! Nice work!

Theodora quilts said...

Hi Linda you have a beautiful lawn and flowers ,the cooking looks delicious I make something similar did he also put in mushrooms I do,and I love the blanket is so pretty how did you do that I quess you bought the fabric and stiched it right did you use wool thread I have so many questions, I used to live in Ca, to Pasadena yep! 15 years ,take care,theodora

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Linda, I must agree with everyone ealse the food sure does look DELICIOUS! Thanks for stopping by today. And enjoy the rain I know our garden is enjoying it....Julian

Siobhán said...

Thanks for your visit to my blog! :) The food looks SO GOOD!! I am jealous that your husband loves to cook. Mine is a good cook but the job usually falls to me. Your gardening pics are beautiful!

Debbie said...

I think that's the cutest little candle mat! I would love to have even a remote gift in that area. Unfortunately, if it's not a straight seam, I'm done.

You know, this post made me realize that since my younger daughter left for college in August, I have totally LOST my scheduling ability. With my husband traveling, I'm so flexible most of the time, and that's NOT a good thing.

Hmm.. I'm going to rework an empty nest schedule. I will not, however, include mowing. I don't mow. My husband loves his lawn way too much to let *Lucy* near the mower.

Ben and Carrie Tracks said...

There's something so fun about running around with your head chopped off trying to "accomplish" things before a rain storm... it always give us that extra boost of adrenalin to actually WANT to do chores like that too....almost like being a kid in school during a storm - no one pays attention!

Your dinner looks absolutely divine - what a wonderful cook Don is:)

-Carrie
www.benandcarrietracks.blogspot.com