Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Another blanket finished...

Here's the latest blanket I finished for Project Linus. I make blankets for them as often as I can. The blankets are woven in various patterns and colors...
The technique is called Swedish Weaving. I learned this many years ago...it's really fun!


Here's a close up..as you can see, the yarn is woven into the cloth. I use monks cloth, wash it because it is cotton..it shrinks quite a bit and gets really soft. The yarn is acrylic yarn, because I don't want that to shrink. I use variegated and solid colored yarn. The nice thing about these blankets is that they get softer the more the are washed and dried. They are perfect for everyone. Project Linus donates blankets to children who are either sick or traumatized by some event. Our chapter gives most of the blankets to Loma Linda Children's Hospital and the rest to the fire and police departments of towns in our area to give away. I am proud to be a blanketeer in such a loving and wonderful organization. If you would like more information of how you can volunteer, refer to the link on my sidebar.


8 comments:

Annette said...

So pretty! And so many stitches. My mother used to do Swedish weaving. I love how they look.

Anonymous said...

So pretty and I know it will make someone feel much better.

Sue said...

The blanket is beautiful. This is the second time I've heard of Project Linus today. I would think that might mean I should start making blankets, if I could sew, crochet or knit...but, since I have no blanket making skills, I guess I'll just say that I think it is a wonderful thing you are doing.

Thanks for visiting me!

Judy S. said...

How pretty! Wish I could see it up close! Know from working with antepartum moms how much these gifts of love are appreciated. Nice work!

Simple Home said...

I love the look of this beautiful blanket. It's incredible. What a wonderful giving thing to do, sharing them with children who are suffering.
Blessings,
Marcia

Angela said...

OMG! It is beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen this type of weave before. It's fantastic..great cause, too.
Angela

EG CameraGirl said...

What a lovely project! And I admire your generous spirit!

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Linda... I have never seen Swedish weaving, It is so stunning, and what a great cause:-)))
I have been looking at your Lola posts, how darling is she? I have had dogs that love the sprinkler (the ones I have now HATE water) I could spend a whole hot afternnon spraying them, endless fun!
Thanks for visiting me:-)
Bella