Monday, July 19, 2010

Something new to wear....

I don't know about you, but I have a terrible time finding clothes. For starters...I'm vertically challenged and there isn't a whole lot of stores that have petite clothes that I like. I guess I'm picky too. I want something cute, but I don't want to dress like I'm 20 and I especially don't want to dress like I'm 80 ...and that's usually the choices I find in the petite section. So I went to Joann's today because I got all these coupons in the mail and here's what I'm going to make...
I haven't decided if I'll make the round or square neck on this one, but it will be one with short sleeves. The top one is sleeveless. I got some new brown capris and I thought the second fabric will look nice with them. These are both super simple patterns that I bought when they were on sale for 99 cents at Joann's. I just love when they have the patterns on sale so cheap. So with my coupons and getting the patterns at such a great price, I will have two new tops for under $20!!!
Now that a bargain!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda, we have something else in common. I love to sew. I made lots of my children's clothes and my own throughout the years but now since I live where yard and garage sales are so plentiful I can pick up clothes for a dollar or two, it is more costly to make them.

I have a problem getting pant legs and sleeves long enough. :-) Will you be posting a copy of the finished product?

Cranberry Morning said...

That is what I need to do! I completely agree with you - clothes look like they're too 'young' or too 'old.' And I can't believe what they charge for plain clothes! I especially like that top pattern. Then I might actually get a top that's the length I like.

Thanks for commenting on Cranberry Morning. I don't think I could deal with the heat on a continual basis. For me, better the cold and a stove to stay warm. :-)

Michelle said...

I love these tops with the "floaty" bottom length. Very cute and summery.

Eden said...

That would be nice to wear on summer. I like the sleeveless on the top of the second photo. Thank you for sharing.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Oh wow, Linda, I am so impressed. I'd love to see the finished products!!!

Jillian
Bella Rosa Antiques

Judy S. said...

Cute! I like your fabric choices, too. Those were great coupons, weren't they?