Friday, July 29, 2011

Long Beach Quilt Show...

Long Beach is a great city to hold a quilt show during the Summer...first of all...it's near the ocean, so it's a lot cooler ...it was about 74 degrees when we arrived...
There's also so many things to look at when you are down here...the convention center is just a walk away from the water and we could see the Queen Mary in the distance...
Isn't this a quaint looking fisherman's village...it's full of shops and eateries...we walked around for a bit before we went to eat...we got down here early...you never know if there will be traffic on the way...there wasn't...
Here's my two sisters...it's great to spend time out with your sisters...we had a nice time...there were lots of vendors at the show...some old ones that I love and a couple new ones...that I loved too! But I will tell you more about them in another post...otherwise you'll be reading all day! I was however ... a little disappointed in the policy of not letting us photograph all the quilts...I guess they were afraid someone would copy...I think not! If you could have seen those quilts...they were amazing...but wait I can't show them to you...anyway...here's some of the quilts I could take pictures of that I really liked...
This was amazing...it is all made of tiny yo-yo's...
I don't know what drew me to this one...it's different, but I like it...it reminds my of a fairy tale...
This won an award...it was very moving...it had alot of 3D in it...but you can't see it from my picture...
This one made me smile...
This quilt is peaceful to me...
And this one...well...too cute!! It doesn't even look like a quilt...it looks like a big huge photo!
I am amazed by the talent that's out there in the quilting world...I could never in my wildest dreams ever create some of the things I saw...I just wish I could have shown all of them to you!
Enjoy the rest of your day, my friends...I have a sweet dog here that needs some extra love until my son gets home...

6 comments:

Yvette said...

OOH! Look at that dog, it looks real. I can't wait to see it myself.

deb said...

omg Cindy and I look so much alike!!!!!!!

Cyndi said...

Linda, Long Beach looks absolutely adorable! What a wonderful place to have a quilt show. It's a shame that you weren't able to get photos of a lot of the quilts, but the ones that you did get are so cool! I love that dog.... it was at the International Quilt Show here in Cincinnati this past Spring but I didn't get a photo of it because there were sooooo many people around it. It's awesome, isn't it? Glad you had a great day out with your sisters!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Christine said...

Hello Linda! Thanks so much for visiting and leaving really sweet comments!
I love your creations - you create such lovely bags and quilts.
Looks like you and your sisters had a great day at the show - the quilts are amazing!
Hope to visit more in the future!
Christine

Loris said...

What a great spot for the quilt show. Sounds like you had a fabulous day and your sisters are beautiful. Interesting quilt pics. The quilt for Israel is striking and the lime green and purple one made me smile too. Have fun with the pooch :-)

Beverly said...

Oh, I am so jealous you got to go to the LB Quilt show. It looks and sounds wonderful. The quilts are amazing especially the dog one. I really thought that was a photo until I read what you wrote. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the fall shades of wool. What a fun day for you and your sisters.