Thursday, May 6, 2010

Ahhh...garden smells

Some would say I'm a little obsessive when it comes to my lawn. Well, maybe...but the thing is that I just love the smell of a fresh cut lawn! My old lawn mower and me have been together 20 plus years now and the two of us just enjoy mowing the lawn.
Another fragrance that I love in my yard is jasmine. I have it on an old fence the whole length of my driveway and right now it is just starting to bloom. Another sign that summer is on its way.


This rose reminds me of my Grandma. She had beautiful sweet smelling roses thanks to my Grandpa. I remember fondly gardening with my Grandpa in their back yard. So why is it that I think of my Grandma when I smell this rose? Maybe it's just the love I smell.



This pot of chives has been around for probably a good 10 years. It just keeps re-seeding itself. I love the smell of the fresh cut chives. These are pretty tasty too!



Now some people may think I'm a bit weird for loving the smell of this plant. It smells like garlic! Actually, it is an ornamental garlic plant. I love garlic and the smell is wonderful to me! Maybe not the greatest garden smell you might think, but I do!



These don't smell, but I thought you might like to see a couple things I've been working on. I am just waiting for some hooks I ordered to finish this one. I love the colors. Simple and fresh.







Here's what will be next. I embroidered the little heart and some how I will use it with these other fabrics and rick rack. My sister, Debbie, gave me this striped fabric and the tan was a great remnant find. The others are scraps. I hope to get going on it later today.




1 comment:

Annette said...

What a beautiful lawn. I wish spring would arrive here...we had a bit of snow today. I love the reds and tan combination. It will be nice whatever it becomes.