Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Making Fall mats...

 I can't believe I am posting 2 days in a row! I haven't been blogging as much as I want to...or reading your posts near as often as I should, but I wanted to show you what I have been working on today...I am making more little mats...these are quite simple...but fun and fast! These will be for Fall. I had all sorts of 2 1/2 inch strips that my sister gave me a couple years ago...I'm thinking it must be left over from a jelly roll...I never turn anything down when it comes to fabric...so...I have enough to make these two and a ton more!
I just noticed this is a lousy close up...I blurred it somehow...oh well...a photographer...I'm not! Now that everything is sewn together I'm getting ready to quilt them...I'm just doing a plain yellow backing...I couldn't find anything in my stash that matched...the yellow blends...and it doesn't show anyway...I'll show more later...
Until next time...enjoy your day!!! 

7 comments:

Olive said...

I have been thinking of Fall too. I love pumpkins. You are so talented. xo, olive

Connie said...

Wow, fall is just around the corner . . . Some days I'm ready for a break in the weather, then on others I don't want summer to end. Good thing it's not up to me :)
I love all your fall colors and patterns, you sure are a busy gal.
Have a great week,
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I hope fall hurries up. It was 104 today...yuck! Great fall colors for me to dream about.....grin.

Raggedy Creations said...

pretty mats.

I'm sort of getting the itch to sew again too.....hmmmm what shall I make.

Felicia

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I love the fabric! It has been cool and rainy here lately so it almost feels like fall!

Judy S. said...

Fall is creeping up way too fast! These will be a perfect way to greet the season.

deb said...

yes these are from a jelly row from a few years ago:) LOVE what you are doing with them!