Monday, January 21, 2013

A great day...

 Friday we went down to San Diego for the day...we didn't do too much...everyone but Stephen was working...but they all got off early enough...we walked to dinner from Joseph and Selin's house...I like that about the city...there is so much within walking distance...we decided on a Mexican Bistro called Ortega's...its not your typical Mexican food...
 First we had to have some Margaritas...Don had Scotch...there were so many kinds to choose from...I had a Pomegranate and Lime...blended...Joseph had a Jalapeno ...he said it was spicy but good...Anna had Strawberry Mint...Stephen had Prickly Pear...Selin had Pomegranate...I was the only one who had it blended...I'm not really a drinker...once or twice a year is enough for me...
 I decided on a salad...and this one was really good! The dressing was awesome...it was huge too...but the kids helped me finish it!
 Look at this plate...Anna said it was yummy...it was a mushroom dish...3 kinds of mushrooms...Yum!
Don had the Spiny Mexican Lobster...I tried a couple bite...oh...delicious!!
I didn't get such good pictures of the other plates...everyone enjoyed theirs...this was our first time there...the kids have gone for breakfast and it was good...we'll go back there again!
After dinner we walked back ...stayed and visited for a while and then took the long drive home...it wasn't bad though...since we left later than normal...no traffic. We had a nice day...I always do when I'm with the kids...I miss being so far from them...but we visit often as their schedules allow...and they come here....especially during snowboarding season!
Today was the warmest day we've had in a long time...I gardened in my shorts today! It was nice feeling the sun on my skin...I basically cleaned up after all the wind we've had...it was a little breezy...still is...but nice. I think most of the leaves that are coming off the trees are off...helped by the wind...of course! I trimmed some of the apple tree too...it grows so fast! Don was working on his wood projects...he's sold quite a few since joining my Etsy shop...I knew he would! He makes some really nice pieces. I think I have rambled on long enough...so...
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

all those things look so yummy Linda and its is always nice to spend time with the kids,enjoy your day.xx

Siobhán said...

Oh my goodness, everything looks so good! I miss margaritas. I can get them here but they just don't taste as good as they do at the Mexican restaurants at home, so I stick to my sparkling water. I'm glad that you enjoyed your weekend!

Holly said...

Linda, I'm like you, I will have a drink or two a year. I do tend to choose the fruity ones too. Glad you got to spend time with your kids, sounds like a great day! That salad looks sooo good.

Our Neck of the Woods said...

All that food looks so good! Your salad looks absolutely scrumptious.

So happy you're enjoying the warm weather. I'm living vicariously through you as it is 20 degrees here today! Brrr.