Monday, December 10, 2012

Minnesota bound...

 I realize that I have been home for several weeks and haven't finished showing you all my vacation pictures...I took a lot...was gone along time...and I have not been posting as often as I would like...life has been pretty busy around here...I'm sure its that way with you too! I often wonder how I had time to get everything done when I worked full time...I haven't gone to a job for 3 years...but I think I work more hours now than I ever did! But this I love!! Back to the trip...it was still snowy as we drove on back towards Minnesota...
 These are everywhere...but I think they look pretty with snow on them...I wonder if it snowed before the farmers got them picked up...or if they leave them here...you can tell I'm not a farm girl...my family that still lives on farms don't grow hay...
 This cowboy town would have been interesting to visit...but it was closed...
 It was a much different drive in the snow...prettier I think...
 Back to the Missouri River...
 Through the bridge...
 Back to the other side...
 We arrived back in Minnesota late in the day...we headed into southern Minnesota...we planned on staying in Albert Lea for the night...
 No snow here...just bitterly cold...
 I loved this roof!
 I couldn't believe all the wind mills here...we have these in California...but just out in the desert where no one lives...I didn't really like this view...
 I had to throw in another water tower...
 more cattle...
 And a old barn...these old barns are so cool...we wish we had some of that wood!
 We liked the name of this town, so we decided to stop by and see if there was anything interesting here...
 There sure was! We met the Jolly Green Giant!
 Saw another giant church in a small town...
 And a nice downtown...but we had to drive all the way to Albert Lea...
To get these!! Oh the best thing I think I ate on our trip...Cheese Curds...I have never heard of them but apparently they are big in this area...our cousins said they get them at the state fair...but we had them at a small little diner and they were as wonderful as they look! Wisconsin white cheddar coated and deep fried...very bad for me I'm sure...but the BEST! I sure would like to have a basket of those now!!
Until next time...I leave you drooling...enjoy your day!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda what lovely pics again,thankyou for sharing,i love seeing other parts of the world.xx

Judy S. said...

Yep, cheese curds are big in WI also! According to my sister, it snowed over 12" yesterday in their part of MN. I'd say you left for home just in the nick of time!

Michelle said...

Love the green giant! lol And, I could use some of those cheese curds.

Siobhán said...

No fair, leaving us with that photo--especially when I have to go eat my own cooking. ;) Interesting about the cheese curds--I'd heard of them but never knew what they were. I imagined something gross. LOL It looks like the real thing is scrumptious!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Great photos! The snow always makes everything prettier. So neat that you saw the jolly green giant! Haha. Thanks for taking us along :)