Friday, December 14, 2012

A little Christmas decor...

 We've been really busy since we got home from our vacation...decorating for Christmas happened a bit late...but last week I got things looking better around here...now I love to decorate...but I have a small house...and I like things simple...and natural...the area I will show you today are on a wall unit that spans across my den/sewing room...it started out as a den...but the sewing has definitely taken over the space! 
 I love shine mixed with natural...so everywhere I have a spare basket...there with be pine cones ..and in a lot...a bit of ornaments and in this one...some really cool ceramic balls I found...I also add big seed pods and whatever else I can find on my daily walks!
 You might see a trend here...I love Jim Shore's Christmas decorations...I have been collecting them for a number of years ...I have a lot! They are so colorful and happy!
 I got this pine cone basket a long time ago...and I adore it...filled with tiny pine cones...it is perfect!
 Another Jim Shore...the Santa's faces are all so wonderful...and another of my favorites...house plants...well...plants of any kind!
 I have pictures on a lot of the shelves...as well as lots of books and basket fulls of sewing stuff...this one I wanted to show you the little Hallmark Santa I got on our first Christmas...I thought putting it by the old and young pictures of us was the perfect place...
More Jim Shore snowmen...Don gave me this snow family last year...and of course another plant...this room is the sunniest in the house...plants love it in here! It is also the best place for sewing because I have a big area and two hug windows that look out into my back yard.
I hope you like my simple decor...I guess I should have taken a picture of the entire wall unit...it goes across the entire side of one wall ...floor to ceiling...another time...
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

5 comments:

Judy S. said...

Love those CA pinecones! We still have a few from years ago, and even though we have lots of evergreens here, the pinecones are just not the same!

Christine said...

I love your pinecone basket! And your snowfolk are adorable!
Enjoy the season!
Christine

Lavender and Linen said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your house. Very nice!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I am in love with your pinecone basket! So pretty. I always like to decorate with natural items and pinecones are one of my favorite things to decorate with.

The photos of you guys from when you were younger are so cute :)

Siobhán said...

What beautiful decorations!! I love the idea of adding the pine cones--I have some, now I'm going to put them in with some ornaments! Thanks for the idea.

Your Jim Shore collection is so nice. I collect Santas and discovered 6 of my big Santas are broken because of improper packing when they were put away last year. :(