Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's official...

 The big day he's been waiting for is officially here...his last day of work! Yes, Don is retiring...and today is the last day he has to get up and make that long drive to work...
 They gave him a great party at work on Monday...he was a bit nostalgic  when he came home...but he's a little more up beat today!
Our youngest son called just as Don was walking out the door...he told him that Bengie Molina and Jason Varitek are retiring today too...so Don's in good company!
Until next time...enjoy the day!!!

11 comments:

Traci said...

I envy Don! Enjoy!!

Kris said...

Congratulations to Don!!! Exciting times ahead for you both!!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Ditto to Kris's comment... these are the bonus years! We cherish everyday.

:)Carolyn

deb said...

what a happy day..........and I know Dons so relieved!!!
I cannot say however that I look foward to Joe retiring...matter of fact I told him just yesterday I certainly does not have to retire....PLEASE dont retire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the love of everything sacred...DONT retire....LOL...his life would begin, mine would end...LOLOLOL

Christine said...

Congratulations to you both as I hope you both enjoy many happy times together!
He's very good allowing you to post it - my DH wouldn't let me take his photo for my blog!
Best wishes
Christine

Loris said...

How fun! and on Leap Day!
Hope you are both looking forward to some fun rest and relaxation.
Mine's 5 years off so I'm jealous :-)

gail said...

congrats Don....enjoy your retirement in good health! (and please don't tell my husband Paul....he will be so jealous)!!!!
thanks Linda for your kind comment.
gail
adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

Beverly said...

Congratulations Don!! A big day. I will look forward to following how this changes your lives. More freedom to pick up and go that's for sure.

Holly said...

What a big day!! Congrats! I fear we shall never see the day when we cn retire. Enjoy having him home and please let us know if it drives you crazy to have him there all day. I worry about that with us.

mountain mama said...

yay, congrats! how exciting!!!!!

Judy S. said...

Congrats to both of you. Enjoy!