Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm back...again...

 Yes...I know I been away for a while...but I've really been away for a while! We spent a few days last week up in Central California...at Don's brother's house...we do this every year at this time...it's a family thing. His brothers and sisters who can make it come there and we eat and drink too much...sleep too little and play lots of games. I have been a part of this craziness for the last 32 years...it's a fun time! And of course this year I was very bad and took no pictures...oh my camera was there...but with all the fun going on...I just forgot...
 So I show you some traveling pictures...this is the drive back...
 It was very cold coming back ...33 degrees on part of the trip...but no snow...just clouds...we had left snow in the mountains by our house...the best storm of the season they said...none here though...
 It looked like it wanted to snow...not many people out ...and this was at about 11 AM...
I'm happy to say that we made it home safely...our oldest son and his fiance were waiting for us at our house...they made it back down the mountain in one piece...no more broken bones for Joseph! The weather has taken another turn...the winds are back and the sun is out...it is supposed to reach 80 degrees today! Yes I know it's still February, but the weather in my area doesn't really care about that...especially this year...it's been crazy!
With the nice warm weather...I am headed out to the yard...I plan on gardening this morning...there's a slight breeze now and as long as it doesn't turn into wind gusts...I'll be happy. 
Don is back at work...he healed so quickly...a real trooper he is...his foot looks pretty good...he wore shoes on both feet for the first time yesterday...I hope he does OK today...thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for his speedy recovery...they worked!!
As I sit here typing I see the wind is picking up, so I better get outside...
Until next time...Enjoy the day!!!

6 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

We were on the Central Coast this weekend. It was cold even there. Now over 80 here today.

Holly said...

Glad to hear that Don's feet are doing well. You got some great pictures, however, I would have loved to see pics of you eating and drinking too much!

Michelle said...

Beautiful clouds.

Kris said...

Great shots!!!!!

deb said...

Im stunned he can walk and wear shoes so fast...took me forever!!!! beautiful drive up there!!!!

Sue said...

I'm glad you had a safe trip and that everyone is on the mend. We are talking about a little spring getaway in a few weeks. It is always fun to have a change of scenery!