Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's a nice morning to visit with friends...

The past couple of mornings have been clear and cool around here...the sun is shining and the birds are here to visit and find a little something to eat...this is Brownie...he is a little cow bird that visits my yard each day...
He eats bugs and is especially fond of peanuts...but he has a hard time with the shells...so I crack a few for him and throw them out to him...he's quite friendly...I think he's just the sweetest little bird...one of my favorite friends!




Here's one of the scrub jays that comes to the yard each day..they are noisy and friendly...and they love peanuts! They actually hide them all over the yard...and not just my yard...my neighbor two doors down says they hide the peanuts in her flower pots! They are silly birds!




This is one of the younger ones...he's still a bit fuzzy!







Here's a couple getting a drink...birds in my yard never seem to take a bath in the bird bath...they use it as a water bowl! They prefer to take a shower when I turn on the sprinklers.


I have been able to comment on a few blogs this morning...I took Terry's idea and unchecked my sign in...I hope that all the problems in blogland are solved very soon!


Enjoy the day, my friends...it's back to the sewing machine for me! I have fiddled around enough for one day...well...maybe not quite enough...










9 comments:

Kris said...

Oh you know how I love birds too. But the cowbird is a naughty little feathered one! You know what they do, don't you?

Cyndi said...

Hey Linda! Great photos today of your little birdie friends.... I just LOVE birds. And we have cowbirds, too. I am sure Kris above is hinting to the fact that cowbirds lay their own eggs in other birds' nests so that they are raised by other breeds. Oh well...I guess they just like to have "Nannies" raising their broods! :o)

I saved two little Chipping Sparrows yesterday while at the hair dressers. They flew into the window of the shop, but luckily didn't kill themselves. I ran out (with dye on my head no less) and got them, checked to make sure they had not broken their wings or necks, and brought them into the shop and cared for them (kept them warm and gave them drops of water) until the shock wore off and they were able to fly again. They were so sweet and I was so happy that they didn't die!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Ann said...

The scrub jays are so pretty. I'm always looking out my back yard for my yellow finches. We don't get many bluejays. Thanks for stopping by today.,
Ann

Holly said...

I don't know what cow birds do! I've gotta email Kris and ask her. I spent a better part of my morning watching the baby quail. Mine don't take baths either. Have a great day.

Jane said...

Great photos. I have no idea what a "cow bird" is. Around here, the egrets who sit on top of the cows are often called "cow birds."
I have had a nest of sparrows on my porch. Their chirps were so sweet and cheerful...

Terry said...

I love watching the birds in our yard! Glad you're able to leave comments again! I haven't had a bit of trouble since I unchecked that little box! LOL

Beverly said...

I love bird watching too and wish I knew more about what species they are. Had a bunch of crows land on my motor home this morning. The made quite a noise.
Glad you have been able to comment again. I have had a few problems and wish my followers list would come back.
Be sure to come back and show what you are sewing on.l

Annette said...

I have been enjoying the birds in our yard more lately because of my 2 year old granddaughter. She is fascinated by them. So fun.

Traci said...

I bought a pretty new bird bath a couple of months ago & I've yet to see a bird in it. The prefer the waterfall in my pool.