Friday, February 25, 2011

A little of this and a little of that...

It's a very cold and dreary day here today...with sprinkles on and off...when I went outside a bit ago...it was 42 degrees ...that is cold...brrrr! I even heard on the weather channel that there is a chance of snow at 1000 feet tonight...we are at about 1600 feet...so we could have some of that elusive white stuff here tonight...that would be interesting!
But as you can see...my birch trees think it's almost Spring! That's probably because of all the warm weather we had earlier in the month...now I think everything is going to be really confused!


We have a guest with us for a couple days...this is Paige...she belongs to my niece and is staying with us while my niece and her husband go away for a couple days. She is quite full of energy...running all around the house...inside and out...but as soon as I get the camera out to take a cute picture...she freezes...just like this...I have a bunch of pictures that look just the same! Silly puppy!!

I have been busy sewing and I finished another custom order bag. This one is a small walking bag made for my dentist. She is going to Europe and wanted a small and big bag that coordinate. The small bag, she can wear across her chest and carry her passport and other ID and camera, phone, money...even a water bottle will fit in there. I have one this size and it is the perfect size to wear on a walk!





Here's a close up of the wool applique...



There's a long adjustable strap on there too...






Here's the inside. Not too much room for pockets on this one, so I put a patch pocket on the inside and one on the back on the outside...
This was a fun bag to make...I like the little ones. I am making a big one to go with it for a carry on for the plane. I just have to finish the lining and I will be done.
Well...back to the sewing machine...enjoy the rest of the day!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, I love this bag, it is perfect size.

Sorry about the cold weather, but spring is on it's way soon.
Have a great weekend.
~Jo
LazyonLoblolly

Michelle said...

Very cute bag, as always, and I love the wool applique. We are having wild weather too. Got rid of the snow, but now we have flash flood warnings.

Kris said...

Linda...that is adorable!!! I love the wool applique. And what a wonderful idea to do coordinating bags like that. When I was in Italy, I carried a small bag across my shoulder like that, but it wasn't cute!!!!! That is darling!!!!

Susan said...

Your bags are wonderful...... How talented you are to put together such lovely items......

Good luck on missing the snow........

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Lucky you to have a bit of green! We're still weeks from seeing anything on our trees.

Your bag is darling.

Anonymous said...

You're so talented and creative! The bag is gorgeous..