Monday, November 1, 2010

Signs of Autumn...

Happy November 1st! Today is a beautiful day in my neck of the woods.
As I look north in my front yard, the sky is so blue and if you look closely...you can see houses up there on top of the mountain. That is the town of Rim of the World...just west of Lake Arrowhead...it's a little breezy today and the temps are back up. When I came in from gardening , it was 82 under my apple tree. I gardened in the back yard today...just some trimming and general cleanup...getting all the Fall things done...I noticed that even though the temperatures have been going up and down like a yo yo...there are signs that Fall is here...the leaves on the birch trees are starting to turn yellow...

Just a tiny bit right now, but peek in a little closer and you can see the yellow...
The bamboo has some berries now and they are a bright orange...so pretty and the tree behind it has leaves that are turning too. I don't know what kind of tree that is...it is in my neighbor's yard and it hangs over the fence...it is huge!



Look! The tangerines are turning too...we should have fresh fruit around Christmas time! It takes them a long time to ripen and they stay on the tree for months unless we get too many frosts...which is usually not a problem here.




As I was coming in the house I took a shot of this little lizard...I have tons of these out sunning themselves today...It is a good day to be outside...I think it's wonderful when you can be in shorts and barefoot on November 1!


Enjoy your Monday!!





7 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You are so fortunate to have fresh fruit growing in your own backyard, Linda! Hope you had a very happy Halloween!

Yvette said...

I was ready to move until the lizard. LOL!!!

Kris said...

Hi Linda. That is a great shot of Rim! It is pretty today, but I am OVER the heat!!!! Happy November first!!

Olive said...

Linda, your fresh fruit is so pretty! I have never heard Of Rim. What an odd name. ♥O

Cyndi said...

Hi Linda! What a lovely day in your part of the country! It was 26 degrees here when I got up this morning, so Fall is definitely here (heck, that's almost winter weather!). And most of our leaves have already fallen...I can hear the deer walking in them in the evenings when I sit out on my porch (which I won't be able to do for much longer!). So enjoy all that wonderful weather!

XOXO,

Cyndi

deb said...

wow I did not know you could see houses on the top of that mountain!!!!!! I will have to look next time Im at your house!!!!

Judy S. said...

Love that blue sky! It was rainy all day here and chilly. And when DST ends it'll be dark earlier......