Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Keeping busy...

 I had another crazy idea...well...I don't really think it was THAT crazy...I thought it would be nice to add some concrete in an area of the back that really doesn't grow much...and because when I bring out the giant rolling trash cans and mower to the front...I always miss the corner of the walkway and the wheels go off...Don agreed...and quickly went to work getting the area ready...
 Since we don't have a cement mixer...the concrete had to be mixed by hand...it took 15 bags of cement...that's ALOT of mixing!
 It got smoothed out a little at a time while more cement was being mixed...
 This is Carl...Don's BFF...we couldn't have done it without him!!
 Her it is this morning...after drying overnight...it has a way to cure and they have to cut into it and do more finishing to make it match the patio and sidewalk...the part on the bottom of the picture is the side walk to the front yard...
 Here's me and my sisters on Saturday...my younger sister's daughter and son in law are moving to Colorado Springs...he got a dream job as a fire fighter there...and this is at the going away party...it was bittersweet...so sad to see them leave...but I am proud of them for following their dreams of Brett becoming a firefighter....
 Some randomness...this is what I have been making with all the squash, peppers, onions and tomatoes from the garden...Yum! We have tons of all sorts of peppers this year...and the red onions grew...but not very big...they are quite tasty though and when I pulled a few and brought them in the house...my whole front room smelled like onions! I love this combination...Don like cheese on his...I prefer the veggies alone!
 While the boys were doing cement work...I sewed...this is for the Grand daughter of my dentist...she is starting ballet and needed a ballet bag...
She wanted pink, stripes and a ballerina...this is what I came up with...it's good sized...has a zipper on top and will fit all her gear in there.

It has been really nice here the last week or so...but hot is on the way...supposed to be 100 by Thursday...ugh!! It has been in the 80's...I like that...perfect gardening weather!

Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

7 comments:

Indrani said...

Busy days are the best!
Beautiful bag by you. :)
Happy ODW!

Kaisievic said...

The bag is so cute and a good idea re the concrete.

Jim said...

Good post. I guess what you call squash is what we call zucchini.
Sydney – City and Suburbs

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda you have been busy again and I love the bag it is so cute,enjoy your evening.xx

Light and Voices said...

It was so nice that your husband and friend stepped up to the plate and did the cement job. Plus you deserve a pat on the back for making the carry all bag for your grand
daughter. Take it easy. See you next week.
JM, Illinois

Sparky said...

yes you both look busy...your wee dancer is delightful

Judy S. said...

That ballet bag is adorable!