Thursday, May 23, 2013

We have a new friend...

 We get a lot of birds in our back yard...we have have a couple of Mourning Doves back there...but this little guy has been hanging out for a few days and is quite friendly...He is much smaller than the other doves...maybe half as big...
 Don first noticed him on the back porch walking around...now here he was looking for something to eat...so Don went to put food in the feeder...he didn't even move...
 Since these doves are ground feeders...Don attempted to give him some seed...
 Don was trying to see if he would eat from his hand...almost!
We're not sure why he's alone...maybe his small size...but since he hangs out back here...we'll watch out for him...or her...don't really know...just know we have a new friend...
In other news...I want to thank everyone for well wishes on my illness...I am taking antibiotics now...the third day and they seem to be helping...I am no longer dizzy...my eye still leaks a lot, but it is not as yucky...I have a little more energy...not a lot...but I'll take what I can get! I hope to be back to normal soon...the doctor said rest...I am...only because I don't have the energy NOT too. 
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

5 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

I wonder if it was someone's pet and is used to folks. Who knows but it sure is pretty.

Sue said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. This sounds like it will take some time to get back to normal. I love how you are taking care of your new "pet"! I would do the same.

deb said...

I cant wait to see her.........and I hope you are feeling better!?!?!?!?!?

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Awwww what a cutie! Maybe you'll be able to get him to eat from your hand soon. That would be so cool!

Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. With enough rest you should be up and at em in no time! :)

Judy S. said...

Hope you're well enough to enjoy the holiday, Linda. Great bird photos!