Sunday, February 10, 2013

How do you organize??

 As I've mentioned before...we have a small home...we like to think of it as cozy...but its small... running a business from home can be a challenge...so I am always trying to find new ways to organize  my sewing stuff...that can take over the whole house if given half the chance! 
 I use a lot of clear bins...I do mean a lot!  This is the area above my sewing machine...everything I need is just a reach away...
 I keep the smaller pieces of wool in these smaller bins...larger pieces are in big bins in the closet...
 I keep the thread I use most often on a little shelf right behind my sewing machine...with the bobbin on top...other colors are in a shelf in yet another clear case...you see a pattern here...yeah...some people think its an illness...but these people live in giant houses...
 Fabric is separated by color and type...except the flannel...I use a lot of flannel in my doll carriers...so I keep it in a bin by itself... 
 Ribbon is on spools beneath the thread shelf... 
 I keep zippers and other things in these...I am lucky enough to have a wall unit across the whole one side of this room...with lots of shelves and drawers and closed cupboards...
 Yarn for my current Swedish weaving projects goes in here...and as I finish a tote or carrier...I put them in yet another clear carrier in the garage...I have a giant stack out there...that way I can store them until they sell in my Etsy shop...or until I take them to a craft fair...it works for me...I like things neat and tidy...but most of all I want to find what I need when I need it...how do you organize?? I'm always looking for new ways...
 I am working on doll carriers again...I sold all but one at the flea market...I have been getting a lot of messages in my shop about them...so I got busy...here's a couple I finished today... 
These have been my best seller in my shop...I have had a lot of people say they are buying them to use as Easter baskets...what fun!!
This weekend was a great time to sew...no gardening here...too cold!! The snow level was down to 2000 feet...it was in the low 50's here...too cold for this gal!! What can I say...I'm a baby when it comes to cold...I love it...when I'm nice and cozy inside!!

I almost forgot to tell you...I am going to adult school starting next week...pretty exciting! We got the catalog in the mail and there were a bunch of web design and computer graphic classes...so Don and I went over and signed up...we got text books and everything!! Now to figure out what to wear on the first day of school...not really...I just thought that sounded cool...I haven't had the first day of school in quite a while!
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

11 comments:

Kris said...

You are super organized! I guess you would have to be, to work at home. You acquire so much in fabric and materials! I love how you have organized it all. And I have missed some posts. Loved those cute hearts!!! And your yard is gorgeous as ever!!
xo Kris

Anonymous said...

hi Linda wish i was that organised,it looks so neat and tidy,have fun at school.xx

Sue said...

It looks like you have quite the system going there! Good job! I love school. I went back and finished my degree in my 40's. I also took an adult photography class a couple of years ago. I still get excited with "school supplies"!

deb said...

so now I can call you and don if I need help with my computer????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love the way you organize...you are welcome to come over here and organize me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

Wow, you are so organized! I'm impressed and envious haha. I need to organize things better. I was just thinking this last night as I searched for a tupperware lid in my drawer. Ugh.

School sounds exciting! I'd love to take some graphic design courses. Have fun!

Kaybe said...

My goodness, would I love to have someone with your skills come & organize my closet. You make it look so easy.

Olive said...

If I were that organized I would scare my husband. We lack these skills because we have lots of closets and cabinets here and thus too much stuff. I do try to keep donating items and I keep my resell business going in our spare room most of the time. I would love some shelves built in the laundry room to store items I am selling.

Judy Biggerstaff said...

I am impressed with your organization. I love to be organized but seems like I sure spend a lot of time trying to get there. Between my tablescaping and my scrapbooking I am always overflowing with "stuff" and always moving and reorganizing.

koralee said...

Wish I was as organized as you ..love your baskets...I can see why they are best sellers. Happy Valentine's week to you.

Beverly@southernhomesweethome said...

Impressive.. I (had) my sewing room organized but everytime I sew anything it looks like a tornado hit it~

Leslie said...

wow.. can you come over and help me!!! I have been so out of it that my house is really showing signs of neglect. My craft room is a mess!!!
Have fun in your class ~ it will be fun!
I start a photography class next week. Can't wait.
Have a great night.