Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A couple finishes...

 It's been pretty crazy busy around here these last few days...so much floating around in my head it feels like its going to explode if I don't let some of it out...so I starting making some lists...as I think of ideas for the reception...they tend to just pop right in my head at the weirdest times...in the meantime...I'm sewing for my craft fairs and Etsy shop...and I thought I'd show you a few more finishes...




 This one I actually made as a gift for my Aunt's birthday last Saturday...lately I have been piecing a lot of bags together...I like the randomness of it...
The flower button on here is part of a collection of ceramic buttons I have had for years and years...I heard the woman who made all of these died a few years back...and I have been hoarding them...so I decided they can't be enjoyed sitting in my button container...I need to let them out and share...I like the way it looks on this bag.

In other news...Joseph had his surgery yesterday...Don and I drove down to San Diego...it went better than the doctor first thought it would. He ended up with 2 screws in that wrist...and a few holes drilled to speed up the growth too...oh I hope his tricks on the slopes will slow down a bit...but somehow I doubt it! Snowboarding is in his blood and he's counting the weeks until snow will be falling again! Even in his bad state...

It is still hot here...it has been over 100 for what seems like forever...but has actually just been about 10 days. Several days were over 110...so all work outside has had to be done very early in the morning...my yard is suffering...even with watering...the blazing heat is taking a toll on some of my plants...and the front lawn!Not much can be done though...just wait til it passes...soon I hope! Until then I have plenty of inside work to be done...and lots of sewing...

Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

18 comments:

Christine said...

Awww how cute is that bag with the owl! Love it!
I really feel bad for you all having to endure such temps.
Hope all settles down a bit for you!
Christine

Traci said...

They're all so cute! Glad to hear the surgery went well.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Too cute! Thanks for the smile!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Darling...made me smile too!!!!
:) Carolyn

Olive said...

Love that you put long straps on your bags. I only buy cross body bags because I have had shoulder surgery and they are hard to find. I also love the owl one and the last one with polka dots. Grateful the surgery went well too.

Anonymous said...

oh linda those bags are gorgeous,well done.xx

Unknown said...

Glad Joseph's surgery went well. :)

Love the bags!

Judy S. said...

Another set of very cute bags! You sure have a good eye for fabric combinations, Linda. Hope this finds Joseph well on the mend.

Googy Girl said...

ohh your bags are looking great

Googy Girl said...

ohh your bags are looking great

Yvette said...

Your bags just keep getting cuter and cuter!
So glad the surgery went well.
Stay cool! I can't wait for Fall weather in So. Cal.

Yvette said...

Your bags just keep getting cuter and cuter!
So glad the surgery went well.
Stay cool! I can't wait for Fall weather in So. Cal.

Sue said...

I'm seeing owls on lots of things now...the "new thing"? Personally, I love the one with the black and white polka dot trim. Love those dots! I took a bit of blogging break, trying to catch up with all my friends around here!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Linda!

Sorry I have also been re-miss in visiting--between our travel out west to buy a house and now trying to sort out 36 years in this house to get it ready for sale my head is also spinning...lol! This is going to be an adventure, for sure!

I love your quilted bags! They are so cheerful. Your designs get better and better. I also liked your husband's wood work projects!

I hope your son's wrist heals quickly and completely. I know some snowboarders and they love the sport even when they get hurt.

I scrolled down and saw the quilt show you visited --what wonderful works of art! I am amazed by the variety!

Angela said...

Your bags are all awesome and the buttons really set them apart!
I'm glad the surgery went well!
Take care!
Angi

Shari said...

Your bags are as gorgeous as ever Linda! Looks like you've been having a great summer.

Beverly said...

It has been so long since I have visted you, so read some back posts to catch up. Congratulations on your son's marriage...today. Oh my! Glad your other son's surgery went well. Hope he can fully recover before he hits the slopes again.
Your bags are wonderfu. I love the owl. He is so cute. Love all the patchwork and bright colors too. You are finding some beautiful fabrics.
We have been home for two weeks...don't know if we will get another call or not. It has been how everywhere. We did not get back to San Dimas, but were in Prado Regional for a week. I came home to a sad garden. Even though my granddaughter had watered, the 110plus temps just got to be too much.
You are going to be so busy getting ready for the reception, but I know you will have that beautiful yard in tip top shape.
I will be back soon...I'm trying to catch up on everyone.

Andrea said...

Hello I love your bags! I'm sewing but I can not know which are the standard measures that are well ... you give me an idea .. thanks