Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm in awe once again...

 Last night my sisters, Sharon and I went to the Long Beach Quilt Show...we had a great time. It is nice going on the preview night because the crowds are much smaller...plus your ticket gets you in to another day if you want to go back!
 I didn't take a lot of pictures in of the vendors booths...a lot of them are getting fussy about pictures...but I met this fabulous designer from Texas...this is where most of my money was spent...her patterns are delightful and ...well...just perfect ! If you like redwork or working with wool...go on over and visit her blog...you won't be disappointed...cute name too...Lakadaisies and her shop is here
 I took quite a few pictures of quilts that touched me for one reason or another....but there were so many that wouldn't allow pictures...so here are some of the ones that moved me...enjoy!





 I would LOVE to have this one hanging in my house!
So there's a few that made me smile...I have more to show you later. 
I didn't buy as much as I normally do...some new patterns...a few fat quarters...but I did get lots of energy and inspiration from just being there and today I will spend the day at my sewing machine...I know I don't have anywhere near the talent as so many of the wonderful ladies I met last night...but it got my creative juices flowing again...and so I will sew!
Until next time...enjoy your day!!!

3 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

I wonder why someone would not want to show off their quilts. It is very competitive I guess. Boy what artistry.

Michelle said...

Such talent! I cannot imagine being able to create one of these!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

It is hard to believe that these are made out of fabric ~ simply amazing!