Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The baby squash were delicious...

 Yesterday I showed you the yummy baby squash I got at the farmer's market...today I'll show how I used them...first I browned a couple small chicken breasts...I just seasoned them with salt and pepper...I cook them with just Pam ...we are trying to watch the calories a bit here...
 In a large pan I heat up olive oil...the good stuff...Don and I joined an olive oil club and it is really worth it...next add garlic...yum...I love garlic! By the way...it was hard to take pictures while I was cooking this...it cooks really fast...by the time you put the spaghetti in the water and it's just about done...this cooks up...less than 6 minutes...total time...
 I added some yummy yellow peppers...these are called sweet banana peppers...I grow them in my yard...and I picked them just before I started everything...nice and fresh!
 All I did was wash and cut the stems off the squash...aren't they cute!
 Of course pasta isn't complete without tomatoes...I put them in right at the end...to just sort of warm up...
 I did get a short right after I added a little liquid...you can use wine...pasta water or broth...it's really up to you...just before the pasta is done...I like mine al dente...chewy...add the drained pasta to the pan...mix a little...
And here we are...a fast, easy meal...I just added a piece of bread...you have to have bread with pasta...I think that's a rule...anyway..this was a pretty light meal and Don said and I agree that it didn't really need the chicken...I was just thinking maybe we could use a bit of protein...the baby squash were so delicious and I can't say enough about garlic and olive oil and tomatoes...a staple in this house!
Until next time...make cooking simple and fun...you'll enjoy it so much more!!
Enjoy the day!!!

7 comments:

Christine said...

Delicious looking! So fresh! And the colors all add to it!
Thanks for sharing!
Christine

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Looks yummy!!!! Carolyn :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

That looks and sounds amazing....Pasta and garlic and bread OH MY!! ;o) Thanks for showing us how you used those little guys....I'll have to see if I can find any in these parts!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Kris said...

YUM!!

Cindy Adkins said...

Yummy! Those baby squash are so cute! lol Thanks for stopping by - isn't it fun to see all those things from our childhood or that our Moms and Grandmothers had? I'm amazed at some things I remember so well that are now considered "antiques!" lol
Cindy

Sue said...

This looks so good. I can't eat garlic anymore...we aren't friends...but, the rest, yummy! I have found the same is true about balsamic vinegar as you said about the olive oil. Once you try the good stuff, you can't use the cheap stuff anymore!

Beverly said...

Your photos are so clear, I think I can almost smell the garlic. Great combinations. Those are tiney squash. As good a gardner as you are, I bet you could grow them.