Monday, October 3, 2011

Show's over...

Well...the Piecemakers Craft Show is over ...I am worn out, but I feel like my first ever craft show was a success! I didn't get a chance to take many pictures on Saturday because I was just too busy! Most of these pictures are from Friday after we set up our easy up and then walked around...I'll show you around the area a bit...
Piecemakers is like a little village...the people that work there own it and live there as well...this is the front of the store...it is filled with all kinds of things from fabric to dishes to seasonal decorations to candy and a tea room...here it all decked out for Halloween...
Right by the front door this big pumpkin sat...I never did turn in my slip to guess its weight...
There was this big wagon full of all sorts of different pumpkins...
There's wood for sale...
more pumpkins...
All sorts of seasonal gourds , Indian corn and pumpkins for sale...
This sign was moved to the main isle on Saturday...
I loved this display...
and this one too...
Here's our booth on Friday before we left...everything all covered up ...
First thing Saturday morning...everyone was out early to finish setting up...we got there at about 7:30...there was talk of rain...it rained in some other areas...but it was blue skies here...and it got pretty warm...low 80's...
I'm as ready as I could be...not sure what to expect at this point...
I took a picture of the whole booth...but it was a lousy one...all blurry...I guess I was a little nervous...actually...I was really nervous...it was a little slow starting...but then it picked up and I was on my feet for most of the day...I sold all lot of bags and got a few orders for some custom bags too...I was very happy with the results...I was also glad that it was all over!! Now it's time to get back to my sewing machine...we plan on doing the December show as well...and that's just 2 months away!!
It's a pretty morning this morning...rain is expected for the middle of the week...I think I'll garden for a bit before I come inside and sew...
Enjoy the day, my friends...I will pop by later to see how your weekends went!!

11 comments:

Holly said...

YAY!!! I've been waiting to hear how things went, I knew you would be a success! I'll be the lady who said, "I knew her back when." Congrats on a great weekend.

Siobhán said...

I'm so glad that it went well! WahoOOOOOOOOOOO! :) It looks like a great show. Congratulations!

mountain mama said...

yay for you, that's awesome! very proud of you :)

Christine said...

I'm so pleased for you! You really did put in so much effort that it's good you reaped the rewards!
You had so many lovely things for sale!
Best wishes
Christine

Traci said...

I'm glad to hear everything went well. It looks like a neat place.

Kris said...

Hi Linda. I am so glad it was a success! I knew it would be!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yippee!!! So glad to hear that your show was a success! (But why wouldn't it be??? You have amazing offerings!) Such a wonderful venue too...so glad the weather held for you. We're enjoying beautiful fall weather too the last few days....So "yea!" all around! Have a great week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Yvette said...

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a success. Hopefully I can attend the December show.

Cyndi said...

Hi Linda! What a beautiful place to have a craft show. I'm glad the weather stayed nice for you, and so happy that the show was a success! Your booth looked great, too!

Getting ready to head to bed now...I'll write tomorrow! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Congrats on your success at the craft show ! Your bags are beautiful !

Sue said...

I've been so behind because we were gone for 2 weeks and last week was just trying to catch up around here. I wanted to come back and see how the show went. I'm so glad that it was a success for you, I thought it would be if you just had a good crowd. That is such a unique location, wish I could be there!