Friday, July 25, 2014

Getting things done around here...

 We sure are keeping busy around here this Summer...today I decided to re-set the stepping stones in the front flower bed...we had a pin hole leak in the faucet out there...that our neighbor fixed...he put some weld on the spot...we were gone when it started...and I can't believe how much water came out of that tiny little hole...our step stones sank a bit...so time to pull them out... 
 We put some top soil down to level out the area...I had to pull back all the baby tears...but I will be transplanting it back in...it will fill in all around the stones like it was before...
 Another project I finished this week is a changing pad for our new Grand Baby...the dresser in the baby's room is old...we painted it turquoise and put glass knobs on it...the kids wanted to use it as a changing table as well...so we had to make our own...
 I got foam and wrapped it with batting...then I made a water proof cover out of fabric I found at Joanns that is used for diaper covers and changing cloths...it is rubbery on one side...then I made this cover. Their hamper and diaper stacker is black and white damask too.
 I managed to find time to make a tote bag for my Etsy shop...and it sold in 19 minutes...I was quite amazed!
 So...its on its way to Pennsylvania...
 The inside...
 I had enough fabric left to make a makeup bag...I put this in my Etsy shop too...
 I added lots of wool flowers to the front...
I had to use a different fabric to the inside...I didn't have enough of the polka dot I used...this is Riley Blake Pop Posies...its organic cotton and I really like the way it feels...it makes a great bag because its a big heavier than regular cotton.

I'm all registered for next semester for school...just taking one class...Fall is very busy in my shop and I have a couple shows to prepare for too...I will be taking Advanced Desktop Publishing...the focus is more in Adobe Photoshop...repairing photos and things like that....then on to Web Design in the Spring!

Tomorrow we are off to San Diego for a visit with our boys and girls...this will probably be the last time before the baby arrives! We have 15 days left...and we are more than a little excited about it!! My niece even posted a little poll on FaceBook for everyone to guess gender and weight...guesses are all over the place!

Until next time...enjoy your day!!!!